Friday, May 18, 2007

Project Homeless Connect

On Thursday the City of San Jose, Housing Department put together an event call Project Homeless Connect. This event was put together to provide services to the homeless and those that are close to being homeless. There were dozens of different agencies that provided services to the homeless. For example, Housing Partnership, Tzu Chi Foundation, Work to the Future, City Team, Victory Outreach, Cosmetology school from Gavalian College, IBM, CISCO and there is more but I can't remember them all. I am honored that the Housing Department asked me to be the official photographer to capture the event and to tell a story of the day. I am happy that I can capture the faces of homelessness and to share the story with everyone. What a great event! I am very fortunate to be on the front line and to get the opportunity to hear heart touching stories. It really brings you back to reality and I realized how blessed I am to have a home,a bed to sleep and food to eat. Sometimes it just takes an event like this to kick you on the butt and make you thankful for what you have.


Check it out
http://www.sjhousing.org/homeless/PHC/5.17.07/index.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home