Sunday, June 03, 2007

Amber & Jacob's Wedding

We headed to the Oakland Temple on a foggy Saturday morning and as we drove into the parking lot, we were in awe at the beauty of the temple. It is a beautiful location with an amazing view of the city. I was really nervous having never before met Amber & Jacob in person . This being our first Mormon wedding we went in the visitors center to get a feel for the place and find out any area that might be off limits. As non members we were not allowed into the temple, so we cuddled outside until they came out. There were at least 20 weddings performed that day. I kept seeing brides and grooms coming out of the temple and I was so scared that I was going to miss my bride and groom. Ryan and I walked up to a couple of different parties and asked if they were there for Amber and Jacob's wedding. But to my surprise, Amber's dad approached us and boy, was I relieved.

Ryan and I had such a great time. We felt so welcomed and the family were so nice. I am glad that I had a chance to meet Amber and Jacob. I always felt that Mormon religion was so different from my own religion. When I think about it. We both believe in the same God. Marriage is a sacred union between two people and I can see that they carry this commitment very highly. It was wonderful to see the family value and emphasis the combined families had!

Thank you Amber & Jacob for giving us this wonderful experience! :)

Lastly, I want to thank my husband for coming along and being my second shooter. I had an amazing day with you and your work rocks!

















Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ed pingol said...

yeah!!!! i love that place. images are awesome as always.

//ed

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work! That temple looks cool.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jillian Kay said...

beautiful!

5:58 PM  
Blogger katy said...

Great work! I love the stair shots.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home